Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The Life as a TV Remote...

It was so nice and lovely sitting on the arm of the couch. I was sitting there all alone when a big greasy hand came from above and picked me up. It was like nothing I had ever experienced before. To be completely honest, I was actually terrified and scared for my life. The big creature held me firm in his hand, and started to press all of my buttons very hard while he kept pointing me at the big square thing towards the wall. At first I thought that I was going to die. I was so confused and lost, that I sort of went with it and was hoping it would all end soon. 
The thing kept at me for a little longer, and then as soon as it started it had stopped. Whatever it was that had tormented me like that, had suddenly vanished from my sight. I could hear noises coming from the mysterious square in front of me, and there were also moving pictures on it as well. Just as I was finally settling down, the thing took me by surprise again, and did exactly what it had just finished doing. It did not seem to last as long as the last time, but I was still scared for my life. Although this time after it finished with me, instead of putting me down nicely, I was tossed across the room at breakneck speeds. It felt like I was going a million miles an hour, and I could not even tell if I was up or down, or even where I was going to land. When I did land though, I hit with such a violent force. Stars came across my sight, and the room slowly faded dark as I slipped down to my doom.
As I awoke, I was not able to move at all. I was not for sure if it was the fear from what had just happened, or whether I was actually hurt or not. Another thing that I noticed was the pitch blackness. I was terrified. I could feel something pressed on all sides of me. Then I realized that I was not in fact dead, but I was wedged between the coach cushions across the room. I remembered one thing in specific though before I was tossed, "GSN". I was trying so hard to think of what exactly that meant. I thought maybe if I figured out what it meant, then I would somehow find a way out and I would be free. I thought and thought, and when I almost gave up I heard it come from the talking square, and it said, "the Game Show Network". When I heard it, I was not for sure of what to think. I tried to say it, but nothing would come out. 
I soon came to realize that it did not actually mean anything at all. It had turned out that the giant beast had left, and I was stuck listening to the Game Show Network for hours upon hours. It was almost to the point to where I could not take it anymore when I saw a glimmer of light shine on me. It did not really matter to me what it was, just as long as it would let me free from this trap I was in. Just as I saw the light again for the second time, a couple of huge fleshy fingers came down into the couch and took hold of me and squeezed me. To my realization though, I learned that it did not scare me anymore, and it did not even hurt as well. I was so relieved to be rescued from that trap that I was willing to live with the giant. Now anytime the giant comes to pick me up, I am more than happy and willing to find anything that it might desire.

7/1/15

1 comment:

  1. What a fun story! I enjoyed the twist of being trapped in the couch cushions, "stuck listening to the Game Show Network for hours upon hours". Nice job.

    ReplyDelete