Sunday, July 19, 2015

My Journey to the Zoo!..

The beginning of the this week, me and my boyfriend decided to do something little different, and we sort of wanted to get away from the Springfield area and try something new. So, we thought about it long and hard, and decided to drive a ways, and we both thought that the zoo would be very fun.
Now it is not the zoo that we have in Springfield, but the zoo up in St. Louis. I have been to the zoo up in St. Louis tons of times because I have family up there, but when Isaac, my boyfriend, said he has never been to the zoo, I knew it then and there that we had to go! So the next day we had left bright and early about seven O'clock, and made our journey up north which took about thee hours. When we finally made it, it was already about 100 degrees outside, and was blistering hot.
We first started off our journey at the zoo by buying waters because of the heat, but once we were hydrated and filled with liquids, we went to the primate house and saw all of the monkeys. Afterwards, we went to the side of the zoo with all of the tigers and zebras and giraffes. Next we visited the penguin enclosure, and it was freezing inside. It also had a very foul smell from all the fish the penguins ate, but it was my favorite part of the adventure. They were so soft and cuddly, and not to mention they were so cute too.
At this point of the trip we were about half way through the zoo, and there was still so much stuff we had not seen yet. Me and Isaac kept on trudging through the heat, and saw the bird sanctuary, the reptile sanctuary, and also saw by far my most favorite animal, the wombat. I do not know why, but it just looked so cute and cuddly looking. Also my most favorite animal there were the baby kangaroos (Joeys). There are so tiny and cute, and I wish I could have taken alone home and kept it forever and ever.
The only thing that was bad about the trip was the fact in that it was so hot outside, that we could not bear it anymore. So we ended up having to leave and did not get to see all of the animals. When we got back to the car, we immediately turned the A/C on full blast, and made our journey back home. On our way back though, we stopped by an ice cream place and got some cold ice cream. I will have to say that it was the perfect way to end our day though, and it was the perfect way to spend the day with my boyfriend. I can not wait until we can go back and finish seeing all of the animals, and where we can spend the whole day together.

7/19/15

No comments:

Post a Comment