Monday, July 6, 2015

Learning Languages

Hmmmm.... 13 reasons of learning a language. Well one reason is it is just awesome I mean to speak any language that is just amazing. One reason I can think of is well you can go to any country and you would know what everyone is saying. You can interact with so many people and not have to worry about the language barrier between cultures. I would love to be able to communicate with people of an opposite culture than mine. By being able to speak another cultures language is you can learn that culture like it is your own it opens you to a broad view that some people can not get when they travel because they simply don't know how to communicate.
Learning a new language might not be very easy but it is very beneficial. But learning those languages will make you a much more knowledgeable person. By learning a new language it expands your mind to were you are always thinking. For example say if you are speaking English but you know French then as you are speaking English you might try and repeat your sentence or think about how you would say that in French. It is almost like you are exercising your brain to constantly keep it thinking which is very healthy for the brain. Also I think more be can be interested in you because they can learn form you as well. Not to mention how fun would it be to be able to say any word in any language if you got that dedicated.
Something that I found pretty interesting about good reasons to learn a new language is because of jobs. Some companies are in need for people who can speak multiple languages which would be a great reason for you to learn more languages because more job opportunities. But that is just some reasons why it would be pretty interesting to learn multiple languages.

7/6/15

2 comments:

  1. Maddie,
    My dad's third language was English. Even though he's lived here for over 20 years, he still occasionally has a difficult time putting his thoughts into English. There are words in the other languages he knows that would be much better suited for what he's trying to communicate than any words we have. So what you said about constantly thinking of how a sentence might be said in another language is true. At least it is for my dad.
    Even though I was born in my dad's country, I'm not fluent in their language, so I can't relate. But I wish I could. You've likely heard this joke, "What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American." And it's so true. My dad's side of the family all know at least 3 languages. Most Americans I know only speak English.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddie,
    I also think it would be fun to learn a new language. Yesterday my girls were wondering how to say blue in Spanish and I said azul and they looked at me like I was a genius. It was so cute. My mom went to Italy several years ago and she was learning Italian so when we went to her house in the beginning of her learning she had post-it notes on everything with the Italian word. I thought that was a pretty good idea and she learned stuff pretty quickly. I thought it would be fun to learn Italian, it is a pretty language.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete