Thursday, July 16, 2015

Volleyball

Volleyball is the sport that I play this will be my third year playing on varsity. I love this sport the endurance and adrenaline it gives you. When I am on that court I feel like a different person, so free. It allows me to express how I play with intensity.
This weekend will be our second team tournament camp for this summer. The first one we had was in Bolivar Missouri and we played okay. We won one out of the three games that day so no so great. But then after that the next week came and we practiced harder than we ever have. The intensity was amazing the way the team was working so well together. This weekend starting today on Thursday we will play for three days. Today we had four games we were undefeated all day. Tomorrow on Friday we play four more games , then on Saturday we play one games then we go into tournament play. Which means we will play until we lose and then when we lose we will go home. But this year I have so much faith in our team I think if we come out and play like we did today we will be unstoppable all weekend. Today these games made our coach so proud of us. It was a great feeling when you work so hard with a team and then you become undefeated. That feeling is one of the best feelings for me. That week that we spent in the weight room and doing circuits and lots of running was so worth the excitement that is paid of for the day. Hopefully the rest of this weekend we can perform the way we did today and come out with a win in this tournament maybe even undefeated all weekend.

7/16/15

1 comment:

  1. Maddie,
    Volleyball has been my favorite sport every since high school, so I can relate to your love of the game.
    Perhaps it's a bit late for this now, but have you considered playing club ball? I've had many female friends who've done both, and they've all said that club is much more competitive and intense. Of course, you don't want to get burnt out. After playing in numerous tournaments over the years, soccer has started to eclipse volleyball for me. I'm still super dirty from playing grass doubles volleyball this evening, so perhaps that's a bit too soon to say such nonsense. But it is true that things lose their interest after awhile. Oh... but speaking of grass doubles, have you done either? Grass or doubles? Doubles is a completely different game, and having played in many grass doubles and 6's indoor tournaments, grass doubles is by far my favorite. Anyway, you should try it!

    ReplyDelete