Thursday, June 25, 2015

Comp & Lit versus Summer!


Going into this class, I was not too sure of what to expect. I have heard a lot of negative things regarding online classes, especially for summer classes. They have always talked about how you are swamped with work and barely have a summer. But as this class has progressed, I have come to realize none of those comments are true. Even though this is a class, and it's over the summer, I still have more than enough time to enjoy summer.
For starters, I was actually very worried about coming into this class. I have never taken an online class before, and especially a college course. I was not very worried on the difficulty of the work for the class, but more on how the work would be presented. In my personal education, I struggle with Reading and English. I've learned greatly that discussing and writing about what you read helps me to become better in these subjects.  For example, "The Heart and the Fist" by Eric Greitens, has helped me to comprehend what I read, and put it into a discussion forum. It has also helped me to be able to share what I feel and what I learned with my classmates.
But as this summer has progressed, I have come to learn that this class is not as bad as I thought. I have learned to actually love the class, because it has shown me how to become a better writer. It allows me to be able to share my thoughts, and the things that are around me. It has filled my summer with exciting new things about my classmates, and how they are involved in the class. In my own personal opinion, I can not wait to see what the class holds in store for me as the summer continues, and for how it will help me grow to become a better and more professional writer. I hope everyone is having a great summer, and enjoying the class as much as I am.

6/25/15

No comments:

Post a Comment